A Queens construction worker was tragically killed on the morning of November 1, 2022. At around 10:20am, the 34-year-old worker identified as Jeremy Rozan was reported to have fallen from Roosevelt Ave. Bridge and landed on the Van Wyck Expressway. He was then hit by a passing car, causing further injuries. EMS arrived, and he was rushed to New York-Presbyterian Hospital Queens in critical condition where he died from his injuries shortly afterwards.
According to authorities, an investigation is ongoing. Our hearts go out to Rozan’s loved ones at this time. We offer our deepest sympathies.
This incident is all too heartrendingly familiar in the construction industry. According to the most recent Deadly Skyline report by the New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health (NYCOSH), construction worker deaths accounted for 24% of all occupational fatalities in New York State in 2020. Clearly, construction is a particularly dangerous industry compared to other occupations. And the number one cause of fatalities is construction site falls. According to the U.S. Department of Labor Statistics, falls to a lower level accounted for 34% of fatal construction accidents in 2020.
The construction accident lawyers at Block O’Toole & Murphy have seen firsthand the devastation that a work-related accident can wreck on individuals and their families. We’ve represented both construction workers who sustained catastrophic injuries and survivors who lost loved ones to fatal construction accidents. No one should ever go to work to make an honest living only to have their lives placed in danger. Make no mistake: those responsible for worker safety need to adhere strictly to the laws and regulations set in place to ensure that these accidents do not happen. New York labor laws and OSHA guidelines help protect workers on the job and hold responsible parties accountable if a tragic event were to occur.
If you are unsure about your legal rights after you or a loved one suffered as a result of a construction accident, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our lawyers offer compassionate and skilled legal representation in some of the most serious accident cases in New York. Our landmark results include a $110 million verdict in a construction accident case and a $32 million verdict for a man who suffered brain damage and other serious injuries as a result of an accident.
Our lawyers have deep knowledge of laws pertaining to construction accidents in New York State and have devoted their careers to helping accident victims recover the full and fair compensation that they are legally entitled to.
Select results in construction accident cases include:
- $15,000,000 settlement in a wrongful death case for the surviving family of a loving 38-year-old husband and father of five killed in a construction accident
- $12,000,000 settlement for a worker who sustained massive orthopedic and neurologic injuries as a result of a construction site fall
- $11,500,000 settlement for a 35-year-old construction worker who suffered serious wrist injuries after an accident involving a defective saw
- $11,000,000 settlement for a worker who became disabled after he fell three stories through a hole in the floor at a construction site
- $10,875,000 settlement for a union worker who suffered serious internal injuries after he fell from the rooftop of a building
- $10,500,000 settlement in a fatal construction accident case for the surviving family of a worker who tragically died on his way to the hospital