NYC Truck Accident Lawyers with Top Results
Get Legal Help Today for Tractor-Trailer Crashes
If you were harmed as a result a tractor trailer accident, you need nothing less than a top-notch law firm with a track record of success to protect your legal rights and make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
The attorneys at Block O’Toole & Murphy have the experience and resources to handle even the most complex trucking accident cases and have attained top results for clients hurt in truck collisions, including:
- $14 Million jury verdict for motorcyclist struck by a truck
- $6 Million settlement for NYC Transit bus passenger injured in a bus and truck collision
- $5.5 Million recovery awarded to man who sustained injuries after his pickup truck was sideswiped by a dump tractor trailer
A truck crash can result in serious injuries that will permanently affect a person’s life. A lawyer familiar with trucking laws and regulations can investigate the accident report and other evidence, identify the parties that may be responsible for the accident, and pursue justice on your behalf.
In 2016, Block O’Toole & Murphy achieved 6 of the Top 10 Motor Vehicle Settlements in New York State, as published by the New York Law Journal.
Trucks Can Pose Serious Dangers to Other Drivers, Passengers, Pedestrians, Cyclists, and Motorcyclists
Drivers and passengers from smaller vehicles are significantly more likely to be killed or seriously injured in truck collisions. In 2014, over 5,000 people were injured in collisions involving large trucks in the State of New York. Of the 5,000+ injuries, large truck drivers make up 14.8% of those injured while drivers in smaller vehicles account for 53.6%. Passengers in smaller vehicles account for 26.3% of those injured.
The chart below shows number of driver deaths in large truck crashes from 2008 to 2014:
Tragically, in instances where a person such as a cyclist or pedestrian is unprotected, their likelihood of being killed or suffering life-altering catastrophic injuries is much greater. In the event of a large truck striking a pedestrian, the pedestrian has approximately a 1 in 10 chance of being killed in the collision, according to New York State Department of Motor Vehicles data from 2008 to 2014.
Legal Representation in Truck Accident Cases – Serving Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, and all New York State
Our personal injury attorneys litigate various truck accident cases, including but not limited to crashes involving:
- Flat-bed trucks
- Cement-mixing trucks
- Tow trucks
- Dump trucks
- Box trucks
- Tank trucks
- Platform trucks
In many cases, a truck accident can be linked to some form of negligent behavior by the driver, trucking company, or both. Causes of truck accidents can include any of the following:
- Failure to properly maintain truck parts, such as brakes
- Reckless or aggressive driving by the truck driver
- Driver fatigue, caused by long hours of driving without a break
- Driver distraction, such as cell phone use
- Improper truck loading, including overloaded trucks and unsecured loads, which can lead to rollover accidents
In New York, human error is the number one cause of large truck crashes, accounting for over 80% of truck collisions that had at least one contributing factor:
Other causes include environmental factors (e.g. slippery pavement, improper lane markings, etc.) and vehicular factors (defective brakes, oversized trucks, etc.).
Whether your crash are caused by another party’s negligent driving or failure to maintain the vehicle, roads, and other factors that contribute to your safety, our attorneys can help hold them responsible for your injuries.
Notable Results for Clients Injured in Truck Crashes
The lawyers at Block O’Toole & Murphy have a long-standing and successful history of making sure juries and insurance companies understand how a tractor-trailer collision can impact a person’s life. Listed below are some of the truck accident verdicts and settlements we have obtained for our clients:
- $14,000,000 verdict in Nassau County case for a man who sustained a below-the-knee amputation after being struck by a truck
- $6,000,000 settlement in Brooklyn case for a bus passenger who suffered shoulder and back injuries after the bus crashed with a flatbed truck
- $5,500,000 awarded to man who was driving a pick-up truck when he was sideswiped by a tractor trailer
- $5,000,000 for loved ones in a wrongful death case of a pedestrian killed by a commercial garbage truck
- $3,500,000 settlement for a bus driver rear-ended by an NYC Sanitation truck in Brooklyn
- $3,000,000 for driver injured when his vehicle collided with an 18-wheeler that made an unexpected left turn without using the left turn directional
- $3,000,000 for a scooter operator injured when a sanitation truck, illegally driving in the bicycle lane, ran her over
- $2,760,000 settlement for a front seat car passenger injured when the vehicle collided with a United Parcel Service truck
- $2,625,000 for loved ones of a married couple who died in a tragic rear-end crash involving a tractor trailer
- $2,550,000 for four plaintiffs injured in a collision with a flat-bed truck
- $2,500,000 for a pedestrian struck by a large truck that ran over her leg in Brooklyn
- $2,500,000 for a driver whose vehicle was struck on the passenger side by a concrete mixing truck
- $2,270,000 verdict for a bus passenger who suffered injuries to her cervical spine after the bus rear-ended a tanker truck
- $2,000,000 settlement for man who suffered neck and shoulder injuries requiring surgery after his vehicle was rear-ended by a box truck
- $2,000,000 in Queens case for a front seat passenger in a car that was struck on the front passenger’s side by a truck
- $1,975,000 for 50-year-old man who was a back seat passenger of a vehicle that collided with a moving truck at an intersection
- $1,850,000 settlement for a 38-year-old woman who was sideswiped by an 18-wheeler while driving on the Throgs Neck Expressway
- $1,850,000 for woman who sustained cervical herniations when a delivery truck started backing up and crashed into her vehicle in the Bronx
- $1,800,000 settlement for an NYPD Sergeant hurt in a collision with a Freightliner truck
- $1,750,000 for married couple who suffered cervical herniations after they were struck in the rear by a New York City Sanitation truck
- $1,700,000 for pedestrian who had to undergo surgeries in both her cervical and lumbar spine after she was struck by a left-turning truck
- $1,700,000 for a driver who was struck in the rear by a tractor trailer oil tanker while he was stopped at a red light
- $1,675,000 settlement for driver who injured her neck when her car crashed into a delivery truck attempting to make a left turn in front of her
- $1,640,000 in a Supreme Bronx case for a taxi passenger injured when the taxi was struck in the rear by a tractor trailer
- $1,500,000 for a motorcyclist struck by a fire truck on Governors Island
- $1,500,000 for a pedestrian struck by an NYPD tow truck while she was attempting to cross the street
- $1,250,000 in a Queens case for a man who was sitting in his vehicle at a red light when he was rear-ended by an NYC sanitation truck
- $1,000,000 settlement for a 43-year-old mechanic who was rear-ended by a tractor trailer on the highway, leading to back pain that required surgery
For more information about these cases and a complete list of the successful auto accident results our attorneys have obtained, please visit our Motor Vehicle Verdicts and Settlements page.
To speak to an attorney about your case, please call 212-736-5300.
Serving Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, all of NYC and New York State.