Block O’Toole & Murphy, an experienced team of New York personal injury lawyers, is pleased to announce that the firm was once again prominently recognized in ‘The New York Law Journal’ for their reported results in 2012. The end of the year results are gratifying because the dedicated lawyers that make up the firm can look back and reflect on a year where they were able to help so many different people at a time when they needed it the most. Indeed, the firm exceeded $100,000,000 in total verdicts and settlements in 2012.
Block, O’Toole & Murphy was the law firm most often named in the below categories for all of New York State:
Top 30 Overall New York Settlements
Top 50 Construction Accident Awards
Top 30 Motor Vehicle Accident Awards
Top 30 Overall New York Settlements in 2012*
- Block O’Toole & Murphy had 7 of the Top 30 settlements in New York State totaling $28,650,000 in recovery for injured clients.
- The next closest law firm to Block O’Toole & Murphy had 3 of the Top 30 settlements in New York totaling $14,475,000, roughly half of what Block O’Toole & Murphy generated in the Top 30.
Top 50 Construction Accident Awards*
- Block O’Toole & Murphy obtained 3 of the top 10 and 12 of the top 50 awards in New York totaling $33,050,000 in recovery for injured construction workers.
- Block O’Toole & Murphy generated roughly 25% of the top reported construction case settlements in the entire state for 2012.
- The next top law firms had 3 of the Top 50 construction accident settlements in New York.
Top 30 Motor Vehicle Accident Awards*
- Block, O’Toole & Murphy obtained 3 of the top 6 and 6 of the top 30 awards in New York totaling $13,800,000 in recovery for individuals injured in motor vehicle accidents.
- The next top law firm had 2 motor vehicle settlements over $1,000,000.
Block O’Toole & Murphy is a law firm that is devoted to truly caring for and fighting for the rights of our clients both in and out of the courtroom. Block O’Toole & Murphy represents individuals and families whose loved ones were involved in construction accidents, wrongful death actions, motor vehicle accidents and tractor-trailer collisions as well as medical malpractice cases and other personal injury matters.
Our lawyers have been recognized for their commitment to justice and proven excellence in the courtroom. In 2012, partners Jeffrey Block, Daniel O’Toole and Stephen Murphy received the honor of being named as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York State by ‘The National Trial Lawyer.’ Partners Block, O’Toole, Murphy and S. Joseph Donahue were all again recognized as ‘Super Lawyers’ in 2012. Daniel O’Toole was named ‘Lawyer of The Year’ by the Institute of Jewish Humanities and Partner David Scher was again published in ‘The New York Law Journal’ for his well regarded knowledge of the New York Labor Laws that protect the rights of injured construction workers.
Block O’Toole & Murphy’s goal is to make sure our clients receive every dollar that they are entitled to under the law and the firm continues to do it the right way. The firm prides itself on keeping a low case inventory, maintaining close contact with our clients and preparing every case like it is going to verdict. Our results in 2012 alone speak for themselves.
Block O’Toole & Murphy accepts significant personal injury cases from inception to trial. If you have a case that you would like to discuss with one of the experienced trial lawyers at Block O’Toole & Murphy, please contact us at 212-736-5300 or visit our website at www.blockotoole.com.
*As reported in VerdictSearch’s Top NY Settlements of 2012 and reproduced in the New York Law Journal.