1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. What Injured Workers Need to Know
  4.  » Who Pays My Medical Bills?


Medical bills can be collected through workers’ compensation or a lawsuit.

All New York construction workers who are injured on the job are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, which can cover the cost of your medical bills. If your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance, you can sue them directly for the cost of your medical bills. Construction workers who wish to pursue a lawsuit should speak to a construction accident attorney as soon as possible.

In addition, construction workers who are hurt on the job can also sue the property owner and general contractor under Labor Law 200, 240 and 241 to recover compensation for medical bills. Labor law 240 covers construction workers who are injured in falls from ladders, scaffolds and similar equipment. Labor Law 200 and 241 protects those who are injured in several types of construction accidents resulting from wet surfaces, trip hazards, poor construction practices and lack of bracing.

& Work Injuries

Free Initial Case Review

Fill out our short online contact form for a FREE, immediate case review, or call us locally at 212-736-5300 today. The lawyers in our firm work on a contingency basis, so we do not collect any money unless we win your case.