New York Nerve Damage Accident Lawyer
New York construction workers who suffer nerve damage may face serious complications.
New York construction accidents can result in nerve damage, including compression injuries and severed nerves. When a nerve is damaged, nerve impulses are interrupted. In serious cases, the nerve body is also damaged. A severed nerve can lead to paralysis of the affected limb or a loss of sensation. Falls from scaffolding, improperly maintained equipment, and falling objects can all cause nerve damage injuries for construction workers. Symptoms of nerve damage include numbness, loss of bladder control, limited range of motion for arms and legs, and chronic pain. Your physician can diagnose nerve damage through a nerve conduction test which measures the signals coming from your brain.
Negligence a Factor in Nerve Damage Accidents
Nerve damage injuries on New York construction sites can be the result of honest mistakes or negligence on the part of someone else. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), for instance, has numerous regulations in place to ensure safe environments for New York construction workers. If a contractor, property owner, or jobsite owner fails to ensure these regulations are in place, it puts workers in danger and them in a position to be liable for the workers’ injuries.
Contact Our NYC Law Firm
At Block O’Toole & Murphy, we understand the nuances of New York laws, and our accident lawyers have the dedication to fight for your rights until justice is done.
The attorneys at Block O’Toole & Murphy are experienced in litigating injury cases where the victims suffered nerve damage. Recent case results include:
- $12,000,000 settlement for tunnel worker who suffered optic nerve injury as a result of a crane accident
- $5,900,000 settlement for bricklayer who needed a nerve stimulator permanently implanted in his spine after a work accident
- $3,500,000 recovery for plumber’s helper who sustained am 8th cranial nerve injury after he fell from a ladder
- $1,325,000 settlement for worker who suffered muscle, arteries, and nerve damage to his left arm after he was struck by falling debris
- $1,150,000 recovery for union laborer who suffered nerve damage, TMJ disorder, and PTSD after a construction site accident
Have you or a loved one suffered nerve damage as a result of a construction site accident? Block O’Toole & Murphy offers a FREE consultation to give you the opportunity to discuss your case without cost or obligation. Call us at 212-736-5300 or contact us online to schedule your appointment.
Se habla español | Мы Говорим по-Русски | Mowimy po Polsku