New York Impalement Accident Lawyer
Impalement injuries can occur in a wide variety of ways. Construction site workers may be seriously harmed or even killed by impalement involving:
At Block O’Toole & Murphy, our attorneys have an impressive record of success. Our lawyers have obtained over 300 verdicts and settlements exceeding a million dollars and recovered well over $1 billion* on behalf of accident victims in New York City and beyond. To learn how we can help you, contact us online or call us at 212-736-5300 for a FREE consultation.
Avoiding Rebar Impalement Injuries
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) offers the following tips for avoiding impalement on protruding steel rebar:
- Cover all protruding ends of rebar with wooden troughs or rebar caps.
- Bend the tip of the rebar so its exposed end is no longer upright.
- Take proper precautions to avoid falls when working at any height above exposed rebar.
What To Do After an Impalement Accident
If you or another construction site worker is impaled by a length of uncapped rebar or another object, follow these first-responder recommendations:
- Do not remove the object unless absolutely necessary. Its position may be preventing blood loss from veins, arteries and organs, and removal may cause hemorrhage or other damage.
- Transport the victim with the object still in place, when possible. Use a bulky dressing to stabilize the object and prevent it from shifting or moving during transportation.
Consult a New York City Attorney Work Accident Attorney
Did you or someone you love suffer impalement or other serious injuries because of another party’s negligence or carelessness on a New York construction site? If so, we are here to help. Learn more about how the New York impalement attorneys at Block O’Toole & Murphy may be able to obtain monetary compensation for your lost wages, medical bills and other losses.
Our results include recovering $6,793,881.17 for a union laborer who was impaled in a water treatment plant accident.
Se habla español | Мы Говорим по-Русски | Mowimy po Polsku
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.