Personal Injury Lawyers Protecting Your Rights
Block O’Toole & Murphy is one of the premier personal injury law firms in New York City. The trial lawyers at our firm are devoted to protecting the rights of accident victims who have sustained catastrophic injuries as a result of another party’s negligence.
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Boating and ferry accidents
- Third-party claims
We are committed to making sure that juries understand how a catastrophic injury can truly devastate an individual’s personal life, as well as his or her ability to work and function in society.
Put Our Skills and Reputation On Your Side
A Proven Record of Achieving Results for Injury Victims
Our track record, including a record-setting $32,756,156 verdict in Suffolk County, demonstrates our commitment to excellence in the courtroom. Our catastrophic injury trial lawyers are not interested in quick settlements.
Our personal injury attorneys have obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for our injured clients that include:
- $110,174,972.38 verdict for a paralyzed cyclist
- $32,756,156 verdict for an injured Vietnam veteran
- $20,181,484 verdict for a man injured in collision caused by icy road condition
- $15,000,000 wrongful death settlement for the family of a worker who was tragically killed when he was crushed on the job by a falling commercial air chiller
- $14,000,000 verdict for a motorcyclist who suffered serious injuries after being hit by a truck
- $12,000,000 settlement for a pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle
- $10,500,000 wrongful death settlement for a union laborer who tragically died after he was injured by a defective saw on a construction site
- $9,792,412 verdict for a man who was injured during brain surgery
To see more verdicts and settlements, visit our Personal Injury Case Results page.
Statistics on Causes of Personal Injury and Death in NYC and Nationwide
The National Center for Injury Prevention and Control reports that in the years 2009 to 2011, the most common cause of personal injury in the age group 25 to 34 was a fall. This includes slip-and-falls caused by dangerous property conditions such as broken pavement or slippery floors. Other major causes of injury to people in this age group include motor vehicle accidents, bites and stings (including animal attacks), fires and bicycle accidents.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene keeps statistics on injury-related deaths within the city. In addition to motor vehicle-related deaths, unintentional fatalities in the age group 24 to 35 in the years 2007 to 2009 were caused by homicide, poisoning, falls and pedestrian accidents. Fatal motor vehicle accidents were a less significant cause of death within the city than nationally.
How Our NYC Injury Lawyers Help
If you have been involved in an accident or have suffered a serious injury, the catastrophic injury attorneys at the law firm of Block O’Toole & Murphy will investigate your claim, explain your legal options and aggressively pursue justice on your behalf. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the injury, you may be entitled to financial compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Se habla español | Мы Говорим по-Русски | Mowimy po Polsku