1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. What Injured Workers Need to Know
  4.  » Who Pays My Lost Wages?


Lost wages can be recovered through a lawsuit or workers’ compensation.

Construction workers who need time away from work because of job-related injuries can recover lost wages through a lawsuit or through workers’ compensation. If you have missed time from work or sustained lost wages due to a work-related accident or injury, you should contact a construction accident attorney immediately. He or she can help you collect lost wages through a construction accident lawsuit against your employer.

Certain New York construction laws (sections 200, 240, 241) also allow injured workers to recover lost wages through a lawsuit against the general contractor or property owner. Section(s) 200, 240 and 241 protect construction workers who are hurt in falls from scaffolds, ladders and other equipment and those that are hurt because of bad construction practices. Contact a construction accident attorney today to learn your rights to recover lost wages.

& Work Injuries

Free Initial Case Review

Fill out our short online contact form for a FREE, immediate case review, or call us locally at 212-736-5300 today. The lawyers in our firm work on a contingency basis, so we do not collect any money unless we win your case.