Boating accidents can be very dangerous and usually can be avoided if common-sense safety precautions are adhered to. Boating accidents, like the one detailed below on the website cbslocal.com, tend to crop up as the weather improves. It is imperative that captains or operators of small and large vessels keep certain safety provisions in mind so that innocent victims avoid tragic consequences.
- Drinking Alcohol and operating a boat is unsafe and a crime.
- All boats should be operated at a cautious speed.
- Boats should be equipped with more life jackets than passengers.
- All passengers, regardless of their swimming skills, should wear a life jacket.
- Appropriate lighting must be available and in working condition on the boat.
- Navigation Devices, if available, should be used.
The boating accident lawyers at Block O’Toole & Murphy encourage all boaters to enjoy the warm weather and their time on the water. We urge them to make sure that safety remains paramount when they are operating their boat. Block O’Toole & Murphy and their personal injury trial lawyers have helped boating accident victims achieve justice in the courtroom. Our verdicts and settlements illustrate our commitment to helping serious accident victims and their families put their lives back together. If you or someone you love has been in a boating accident you can contact us for a free consultation by calling us at 212-736-5300. You can learn more about the trial lawyers at Block O’Toole & Murphy by reviewing the firm website at www.blockotoole.com.