Stephen J. Murphy
Stephen J. Murphy joined the firm in early 2005 after a successful and rewarding career as a homicide prosecutor working in the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. Mr. Murphy is a lawyer who is best known for his work in the courtroom, now focusing on serious construction accidents and catastrophic personal injury trial work.
Mr. Murphy’s hard work and skill in the courtroom have earned him many accolades from his colleagues, opponents and judges. Mr. Murphy was named “2022 New York City Lawyer of the Year” for all Plaintiff Personal Injury Lawyers in New York City by Best Lawyers Magazine. Mr. Murphy was described on Z100 Radio as a “legendary trial lawyer.” He has been featured on Fox News Radio as one of “America’s Premier Trial Lawyers” and was described in The New York Times as one of the “Top Attorneys in New York.” He has regularly appeared on local and national news shows as an expert commentator on civil and criminal cases and issues. Mr. Murphy’s honors and accolades include:
- Recipient of Best Lawyers “2022 New York City Lawyer of the Year Award” for all Plaintiff Personal Injury Lawyers in New York City
- Being named as a “New York Super Lawyer”, from 2010-2019 recognizing him as one of the top 5% of lawyers in the Metropolitan Area.
- ‘The National Trial Lawyer Award’ honoring him as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in New York State for the last 9 years.
- Named to the ‘Best Lawyers in America,’ list from 2013-2019.
- Recipient of the St. Jude Children’s Hospital ‘Chairperson of the Year’ Award in 2019
- Named to the Irish Legal 100, recognizing the top Irish American lawyers in the United States in 2013-2016.
- Recipient of the St. John’s School of Law P.T.A.I. ‘2014 Alumni Excellence Award.’
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for the last 9 years.
- Recipient of the Frances Pope Memorial Foundation ‘Man of the Year Award’ in 2010.
- ‘Brooklyn to Alaska’ Honoree 2017
- Named as ‘Volunteer of the Quarter’ by The St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Brehon Law Society, 2015 Honoree.
Mr. Murphy handles a wide range of cases including labor law and construction accidents, tractor trailer and truck collisions, wrongful death, premises liability, medical malpractice and motor vehicle cases.
With only 14 years in civil practice, Mr. Murphy already has an extremely impressive body of work, regularly returning verdicts and settlements in excess of a million dollars. He has amassed over $350,000,000 in results for his clients during that time period, including an average of well over $40,000,000 in settlements every year since 2013. Mr. Murphy is an attorney that members of the bar, from Brooklyn to Buffalo, frequently consult with on trial matters and refer their most significant cases to.
2021 . . . Top 3 Construction Accident Results in all of New York State
Mr. Murphy has developed a reputation for fighting for the hardworking women and men in New York. This was never more evident in 2020 and 2021 when VerdictSearch recognized his efforts in their publication on verdicts and settlements in 2020-21. The publication delineates the top published results in a particular practice area. Mr. Murphy was the lead attorney on the top 3 construction accident results in the entire Northeast.
2020 . . . 3 of Top 50 Personal Injury Settlements in the United States
Mr. Murphy and Partner David L. Scher attained three of the legal publication Top Verdict’s Top 50 Personal Injury Settlements in 2020. They are the only two lawyers to achieve this in the United States. The three recognized settlements include a $4,500,000 settlement (ranked 37th) for a carpenter injured in a fall, a $4,450,000 settlement (ranked 38th) for a laborer who suffered injuries in a forklift accident, and a $3,600,000 settlement (ranked 46th) for a construction worker who fell from scaffolding at a Manhattan job site.
2016 . . . 3 of Top 5 Largest Results in New York State!
Mr. Murphy was the lead trial lawyer on the 2nd ($9,975,000), 3rd ($7,400,000) and 5th ($5,500,000) largest settlements in the entire state of New York for 2016, according to the New York Law Journal and the Jury Verdict Reporter. The publication also recognized Murphy for posting the 10th and the 18th largest settlements in the state. Murphy had more reported million dollar results in 2016 than any other attorney in New York.
[Read about the 2016 Successes: http://nylawyer.nylj.com/adgifs/specials/2016-1214SS-TopSettlements/2016-1214SS-TopSettlements.html]
‘The Good Samaritan Case’
Mr. Murphy, along with his colleague Daniel O’Toole, persuaded a Suffolk County jury to return a record-setting verdict of $32,756,156 on behalf of a 60-year-old man in a traumatic brain injury case. The verdict, covered extensively by the local media, is the largest negligence verdict ever in Long Island and was featured in a cable television documentary entitled “The Good Samaritan.” In addition, the result was also recognized by the New York Law Journal as the second highest negligence verdict in New York State for 2007 and one of the top 100 verdicts that year for the entire United States.
’10th Largest Settlement in 2014 for the Entire United States’
Mr. Murphy and his partner David Scher were able to recover $8,800,000 for a female pedestrian who sustained neurologic and orthopedic injuries in a collision. The landmark result was hailed by the ‘National Law Journal’ as the 10th highest settlement in the entire country for 2014. It also was the 4th largest settlement in New York State during 2014. This marks the 3rd time in seven years, and second year in a row, that one of Mr. Murphy’s results was included among the top 50 results in the entire country by the ‘National Law Journal.’
Three of the Top 25 Results in All of New York State in 2015
Mr. Murphy was the lead lawyer on three different cases which were recognized by the New York Law Journal in their Top 25 Settlements for the 2015 year. The results that appeared in the New York Law Journal included the #5 Settlement ($7,525,000), the #13 Settlement ($4,600,000) and, finally, the #25 Settlement ($3,200,000) in all of New York State. Mr. Murphy was the only attorney in New York State who appeared in the Top 25 Results on three separate cases.
Other Notable Results:
Mr. Murphy has successfully negotiated a $15,500,000 settlement for a client who sustained a traumatic brain injury. He also was able to persuade two insurance carriers to pay $9,950,000 to avoid a trial in Buffalo in a case where a young woman sustained an above-the-knee amputation. Mr. Murphy recovered $7,500,000 from the City of New York in a pedestrian accident case. He also was able to persuade an insurance company to pay his client, a union sheet metal worker, $7,400,000 on the eve of trial for back injuries he sustained in a construction site fall. Mr. Murphy has long been a fierce advocate on behalf of construction workers and their families. In another construction case, he fought and recovered $5,500,000 for an injured electrician who sustained a brain injury after falling from an extension ladder. Recently, Mr. Murphy was able to successfully negotiate a $7,525,000 settlement for a family after a devastating accident where a mother and a 7-year-old boy were killed and a $9,950,000 settlement for an upstate woman who lost her leg in a work accident.
In Queens County, Mr. Murphy recently convinced a jury to return a verdict of $5,585,000 for an undocumented worker who sustained back and wrist injuries in a construction accident. He also convinced a large insurance company to pay $4,600,000 out of $5,000,000 in insurance coverage for an injured Rigger who sustained neck and back injuries. Mr. Murphy also secured $3,925,000 for an injured worker that tried to help a truck driver who was stuck at a railroad crossing. The truck was struck by a locomotive while the plaintiff was trying to assist the truck driver, resulting in serious orthopedic injuries to the plaintiff. This result was also listed by the ‘National Law Journal’ as one of the Top 50 Settlements in the United States in 2013.
Experience as a Homicide Prosecutor and Adjunct Professor of Law
Mr. Murphy began his legal career working as an Assistant District Attorney. He honed his skills in the criminal courtrooms in Brooklyn, prosecuting violent crimes. Mr. Murphy earned a reputation from the judiciary and his colleagues as a tough, but fair, prosecutor. In early 2002, the District Attorney appointed Mr. Murphy to the Homicide Bureau. Mr. Murphy, the youngest member of Brooklyn’s Homicide Bureau at the time, successfully handled several high profile cases, including double and triple murders, arson homicides, gang murders and brutal murders of innocent children. Mr. Murphy also served as an Adjunct Professor of Law with the St. John’s School of Law from 2003-2011. He taught students the art of trial advocacy.
In July 2003, Mr. Murphy traveled to Sarajevo on behalf of the United States Justice Department to assist in the implementation of a new justice system in post-war Bosnia & Herzegovina. While there, Mr. Murphy, and two Federal District Court judges from California, were responsible for trial advocacy training for the newly appointed attorneys and judges in the region.
Mr. Murphy served as an adjunct professor of law for eight years at the St. John’s University School of law. He instructed students on trial advocacy and lectured on criminal and civil trial practice and evidence. Mr. Murphy also served as an instructor for their nationally regarded trial advocacy program. His students won national championships in trial competitions in five of the seven years Mr. Murphy was involved. In 2014, the St. John’s School of Law honored Mr. Murphy with the P.T.A.I. ‘Alumni Excellence Award.’
In 2011, Mr. Murphy was appointed to the New York County Democratic Judicial Screening Panel and in 2015 he served on the Kings County Democratic Screening Panel. Mr. Murphy has also appeared on Court TV, Z100 Radio, Fox Radio and Sirius/XM Satellite Radio as a guest host offering expert legal commentary and his work has been featured in The New York Times, New York Post, Newsday and New York Daily News. Mr. Murphy has been published in The New York Law Journal for a series of columns that he co-authored with colleague David Scher concerning the laws that apply to construction accidents.
Mr. Murphy is a proud member of the St. Jude Children’s Hospital fundraising team, helping raise well over $3,000,000 for this worthy cause. He also is a dedicated supporter of the Frances Pope Memorial Foundation, an important charity that assists families with a child that has been diagnosed with a pediatric disease such as leukemia and cancer.
- $32,756,156 Jury Verdict in Suffolk County for a 60-year-old man who sustained a traumatic brain injury.
- $15,500,000 Settlement for an injured client in a pedestrian knockdown case.
- $9,950,000 Settlement for a Buffalo social worker who was struck by a van and suffered an above-the-knee amputation of her left leg.
- $9,500,000 Settlement for a pedestrian that was hit by an NYCTA bus while crossing the street in Brooklyn.
- $8,800,000 Settlement right before trial for a Queens pedestrian who suffered a brain injury after being struck by a van.
- $7,525,000 Settlement in a Suffolk County Case for a family after a devastating collision which left a young mother and child dead and another child with neurologic injuries.
- $7,400,000 For Union Sheet Metal Worker Who Suffered Back Injury After Construction Site Fall.
- $7,200,000 Settlement for the family of a 25-year-old Brooklyn resident who was tragically killed in an elevator accident.
- $6,000,000 Settlement for a union worker who suffered spinal fractures, among other injuries, after he fell through an open hatch door in the crane he had been operating
- $5,585,000 Jury Verdict in Queens County for a 35-year-old undocumented worker who sustained back and wrist injuries requiring surgery.
- $5,500,000 Settlement just before jury selection for an injured electrician who sustained a traumatic brain injury after falling from an extension ladder.
- $5,500,000 Settlement for a Nassau County construction worker who was struck by a rotating excavator.
- $5,500,000 Settlement for an electrician who fell from an extension ladder and sustained a head injury
- $4,600,000 Settlement for a Rigger who sustained neck and back injuries requiring surgery.
- $4,500,000 Settlement for a carpenter who sustained injuries in a scaffold fall at a Brooklyn work site.
- $4,450,000 Settlement for a client who suffered brain and spine injuries after falling 15-20 feet at a Brooklyn work site.
- $4,000,000 Settlement for a worker who fell from a ladder while installing new awnings, causing ankle and leg fractures.
- $4,000,000 Settlement in a construction accident case for Nassau County worker who suffered spinal injuries as a result of a roof fall.
- $3,925,000 Settlement just before jury selection for a “Good Samaritan” who was injured while trying to help a truck driver that was stuck on a railroad crossing. The truck and the plaintiff were hit by a L.I.R.R. locomotive.
- $3,750,000 Settlement for a non-union laborer that suffered elbow, shoulder and back injuries in a construction site
- $3,600,000 Settlement for a Manhattan worker who sustained back injuries that required surgery after he fell through a gap in an unsafe scaffold.
- $3,375,000 Settlement for the victim of a rear-end accident who required spinal fusion surgery.
- $3,375,000 Settlement for a Manhattan woman who sustained spine and hip injuries in an auto crash.
- $3,300,000 Settlement for a union laborer struck by a falling angle iron in Westchester County.
- $3,231,000 Settlement against a Bronx slumlord on behalf of an infant who was burned with hot water while bathing in her home.
- $3,200,000 Settlement for a 50-year-old window installer who had to undergo multiple surgeries for his elbow, shoulder, and spine after he fell from a scaffold.
- $3,200,000 Settlement for a Brooklyn demolition worker injured on the job when a staircase broke.
- $3,100,000 Settlement for a plumber who sustained spine injuries while working in a trench at a construction site.
- $3,075,000 Settlement for a boiler mechanic who sustained neck, shoulder, and lower back injuries after a work-related fall.
- $3,000,000 Settlement after an elevator mechanic was injured in a work fall, causing multiple herniated discs.
- $3,000,000 Settlement for a man who sustained orthopedic injuries after being struck by a tractor trailer.
- $3,000,000 Settlement for an electrician suffered neck and back injuries after falling from an inadequately secured ladder.
- $3,000,000 Settlement for a client who suffered numerous severe injuries after the bus she was riding in was t-boned at an intersection.
- $2,875,000 Settlement for a welder who required non-fusion back surgery after he was injured in a falling object accident. [READ MORE]
- $2,850,000 Settlement for a Local 79 union laborer who suffered back and arm injuries after he fell during a renovation project in Harlem
- $2,750,000 Settlement for a worker injured in a ladder fall at a Brooklyn work site, resulting in injuries to his left shoulder, left knee, and spine.
- $2,750,000 Settlement for a woman who had to undergo two spinal surgeries after she was involved in a serious collision with a garbage truck. [READ MORE]
- $2,750,000 Settlement for a 57-year-old female pedestrian who sustained a neck injury after being struck by a van.
- $2,750.000 Settlement for an HVAC worker who fell from a ladder and injured his ankle.
- $2,700,000 Settlement for a 54-year-old female pedestrian who fell and injured her spine and knee.
- $2,650,000 Settlement for a worker who suffered a disc herniation and SLAP tear in a scaffolding accident.
- $2,650,000 For a Local 3 Union Electrician who injured his back after an accident on a Manhattan construction site.
- $2,640,000 Settlement for a 51-year-old non-union laborer who suffered a partial finger amputation and cervical spine injury in a construction accident.
- $2,625,000 Settlement in a Wrongful Death Case where there was only $1,000,000 in available insurance coverage.
- $2,545,000 Settlement for a Suffolk County family in a wrongful death case.
- $2,500,000 Settlement for a laborer who suffered severe hand injuries in an accident on a construction site.
- $2,250,000 Settlement in a Westchester case for a building engineer who fell off unsafe shelving while repairing an air conditioning unit, causing lower back and knee injuries.
- $2,250,000 Settlement for a woman in the Bronx who required cervical spinal fusion surgery after an apartment ceiling collapse caused by water damage.
- $2,250,000 Settlement for Bronx tenant who fell down stairs in apartment building causing neck and shoulder injuries.
- $2,250,000 Settlement for a Window Washer who Fell While Working at a Manhattan Building, Sustaining Arm Injuries.
- $2,250,000 Settlement for a 62-year-old undocumented worker who sustained spine injuries in a fall.
- $2,250,000 Settlement during trial for a laborer who sustained a lower back injury requiring surgery.
- $2,250,000 Settlement during trial, right before summations, for an injured Coca-Cola worker who sustained a back injury while making a delivery at a prominent French restaurant.
- $2,250,000 Settlement for a pedestrian who sustained a herniated disc after being struck by a school bus.
- $2,200,000 Settlement for a 62-year-old pedestrian who sustained a back injury requiring surgery after she was struck by NYC bus.
- $2,200,000 Settlement just before trial for an injured sanitation worker who sustained a fractured leg while working that required surgery and a skin graft.
- $2,150,000 Settlement after an HVAC worker suffered multiple broken bones in a fall from an unsecured ladder.
- $2,150,000 Settlement for a female auto accident victim in Nassau County who sustained a femur and heel fracture.
- $2,100,000 Settlement awarded to 23-year-old bicyclist struck by a New York City sanitation truck at an intersection in Queens, New York.
- $2,100,000 Settlement for a laborer who suffered traumatic foot and spinal injuries after a trench collapse.
- $2,005,000 Settlement in a “reckless disregard” case against an ambulance company.
- $2,000,000 Settlement for driver suffering exacerbation of prior neck injuries after rear-end motor vehicle collision
- $2,000,000 Settlement for an injured client who sustained non-surgical spine injuries in a elevator accident.
- $2,000,000 Settlement in a case against The City of New York for a client who required spine surgery.
- $2,000,000 Settlement for a Construction Laborer who Injured His Back in a Work Related Fall.
- $2,000,000 Settlement for mason worker who fell approximately 20 feet from a scaffold when the plank he was standing on gave way
- $1,950,000 for a Female who Sustained Spine Damage in a Premises Accident.
- $1,975,000 Settlement for a construction laborer who fell during a warehouse renovation project in Brooklyn
- $1,941,000 Jury Verdict for a woman who endured a spine surgery after a Brooklyn accident.
- $1,920,000 Settlement for a husband and wife who suffered back injuries requiring surgery after they were hit by a van in Long Island.
- $1,900,000 Settlement for a driver who suffered herniated disc injuries after a Brooklyn car accident.
- $1,900,000 Settlement for an HVAC installer who suffered lumbar and cervical spinal injuries after he fell from an unsecured A-frame ladder.
- $1,875,000 Settlement for a truck driver severely injured in a rear-end collision on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway later requiring spinal surgery.
- $1,850,000 Settlement for a 38-year-old secretary who experienced an aggravation of preexisting back and neck injuries after an 18-wheeler sideswiped her vehicle
- $1,850,000 Settlement for a Time Warner Cable worker who suffered spinal injuries in a fall.
- $1,850,000 Settlement for a female who underwent a neck injury resulting in surgery after a Bronx accident.
- $1,850,000 Award for 54-year-old man who suffered back injuries after falling from a pull-down ladder that detached from the ceiling.
- $1,823,000 Jury Verdict in a non-surgical disc bulge case in Kings County. The client, a surgeon, missed a total of one day of work.
- $1,800,000 Settlement for a woman who injured her back and knees in a crash on Manhattan’s FDR Drive.
- $1,750,000 Settlement for a mother who was injured when a dump truck struck the car in which she was a passenger.
- $1,750,000 Settlement for a laborer who was breaking up a roadway on his work site when the street collapsed under him, leading to multiple injuries.
- $1,750,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered spinal injuries after the car she was riding in was rear-ended at an intersection.
- $1,750,000 Settlement for a Suffolk County woman who sustained a back injury in an accident with a bus.
- $1,750,000 Settlement for a City Worker and his wife who sustained neck injuries after a collision with a NYC Sanitation truck.
- $1,750,000 Settlement for a Long Island woman who sustained injuries to her neck and back requiring surgery.
- $1,750,000 Settlement for an undocumented worker who lived in Queens for back injuries sustained in a construction accident.
- $1,715,496.06 Settlement for a 45-year-old Brooklyn resident involved in a multiple-vehicle collision.
- $1,700,000 Settlement for a Bronx Pedestrian who Injured Her spine After Being Struck by a Truck.
- $1,680,000 settlement after an SUV ran a red light in Harlem, causing our client to suffer multiple herniated discs.
- $1,675,000 Settlement in Bronx county case for woman who suffered neck injuries after her Nissan sedan collided with a delivery truck.
- $1,675,000 Settlement for a Brooklyn Man who Injured His back in a Car Collision.
- $1,650,000 Settlement for a family in a wrongful death action due to the negligence of a building owner in a deadly fire.
- $1,600,000 Settlement for a worker who fell off a rolling scaffold while patching holes in the ceiling, leading to shoulder and spine injuries.
- $1,600,000 Settlement for a nurse and mother who suffered neck injuries after her car was struck by another vehicle that failed to yield the right of way.
- $1,600,000 Settlement for non-union worker who required spinal fusion surgery after a ladder fall.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for two auto parts workers who sustained injuries in a freight elevator accident.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for a man who required 2-level lumbar spinal fusion surgery after an elevator accident.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for a Bronx woman who fell on an icy sidewalk, requiring ACDF surgery.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for neck injuries sustained in bus crash
- $1,500,000 Settlement for pedestrian struck by truck
- $1,500,000 Settlement for a woman injured in slip and fall on snow on front landing and steps.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for a 43-year-old Bronx driver who was struck by a New York City street sweeper.
- $1,500,000 Settlement in a case against The City of New York for a 57-year-old woman who sustained back and leg injuries after being knocked down by an unmarked police car while crossing the street.
- $1,500,000 Settlement in a case against New York City for a woman who sustained spine injuries after a rear-end collision.
- $1,500,000 Award after arbitration for a 44-year-old woman who sustained spine and knee injuries in a Long Island crash.
- $1,490,000 Settlement for a 44-year-old man who was injured in a collision with a bus.
- $1,475,000 Settlement for a Construction Worker who was injured in a scaffold fall.
- $1,475,000 Settlement for a Brooklyn worker who suffered brain, neck and shoulder injuries after a piece of equipment fell and struck him.
- $1,475,000 Settlement for a hospital employee who was injured on the job.
- $1,475,000 Settlement for a man who sustained head injuries after being struck by a fan that fell from a rooftop.
- $1,450,000 and $924,000 Settlements in two concurrent causation cases in Queens County.
- $1,450,000 Settlement for a woman injured in a crash on Manhattan’s FDR Drive.
- $1,450,000 Settlement for a Brooklyn art teacher who was injured after a collision with a bus.
- $1,450,000 Settlement in a Brooklyn premises liability case for Plaintiff who was struck when a portion of her bathroom ceiling collapsed.
- $1,450,000 Settlement for Bronx pedestrian who suffered exacerbated back injuries after being struck by a van.
- $1,410,000 Settlement for a husband and wife from Brooklyn who injured their necks in a rear end motor vehicle accident.
- $1,400,000 Settlement in Queens just before summations for an injured carpenter who lost the tips of his fingers in a construction accident.
- $1,350,000 Settlement in Nassau County Case for a rear-end crash victim with neck and lower back injuries.
- $1,350,000 Settlement for a Brooklyn laborer who injured his back during the demolition of a large commercial boiler
- $1,350,000 Settlement for Brooklyn livery cab driver that sustained a neck injury.
- $1,350,000 Settlement for a man who sustained a neck injury in a truck.
- $1,350,000 Settlement before trial on a trucking accident in Queens County.
- $1,350,000 Settlement for a Construction Laborer who had two tips of his fingers from his dominant hand amputated in a construction site accident.
- $1,350,000 Settlement on the eve of a Rockland County trial for a construction laborer who fell off a roof, fracturing his arm and a bone in his pelvis.
- $1,350,000 Settlement for a cab driver injured in a 3-vehicle rear-end collision in midtown Manhattan.
- $1,325,000 Settlement for a worker whose forearm was lacerated by a shard of falling glass.
- $1,325,000 Settlement for a painter who was injured during construction of a Manhattan apartment building when a balcony collapsed underneath him.
- $1,325,000 Settlement just before trial for a carpenter at a construction project who fell from a ladder that was on top of a rolling scaffold, sustaining lower back and knee injuries.
- $1,300,000 Settlement for a backseat passenger involved in a head-on collision, resulting in neck and back injuries that required surgery.
- $1,300,000 Settlement for a client who sustained spine and knee injuries in a rear-end collision.
- $1,300,000 Settlement for a woman who injured her neck and knee in an intersection collision.
- $1,300,000 Settlement for a Brooklyn bicyclist whose prior neck and back injuries were aggravated after being struck by a van.
- $1,250,000 Settlement for a woman who sustained neck and lower back injuries in a left-turn accident.
- $1,250,000 (the entire insurance amounts) for a woman who aggravated a prior spine injury requiring surgery.
- $1,250,000 Settlement just before summations in a Bronx trial on behalf of a bicycle messenger who sustained leg and knee injuries in an accident.
- $1,250,000 Settlement in a Suffolk County case for a carpenter who sustained a neck injury after falling from a ladder.
- $1,250,000 Settlement in a suit against the City for a mother and son who sustained spine and knee injuries in a collision with a N.Y.P.D. vehicle.
- $1,250,000 Settlement for a taxi driver who suffered back pain that required spinal surgery after his vehicle was struck from behind by a NYC sanitation vehicle.
- $1,243,000 Settlement for union worker who suffered lower leg fractures when he was struck by an improperly secured metal container.
- $1,220,000 Settlement for a truck driver who sustained an elbow injury and aggravated a long-standing back injury just before trial in a Nassau County tractor trailer accident.
- $1,200,000 Settlement in Queens, New York case for driver who suffered neck and back injuries after a broadside vehicle collision.
- $1,200,000 Settlement in a Suffolk County case where a driver was struck by another driver that was charged with Driving While Intoxicated (VTL 1192(2)
- $1,200,000 Settlement for a laborer who lost the tips of four toes in a construction site accident.
- $1,200,000 for a 54-year-old female in Nassau County who exacerbated neck and back injuries requiring surgery.
- $1,200,000 for a 50-year-old female who aggravated a prior neck injury in an auto accident.
- $1,200,000 for a dental assistant who suffered permanent foot and ankle injuries after a trip and fall accident.
- $1,175,000 Settlement for an HVAC mechanic who suffered tibia fractures after fall from ladder.
- $1,175,000 Settlement on the eve of trial for a woman with long standing and preexisting cervical herniations. The victim was struck by unsafely stacked products in a large supermarket.
- $1,150,000 Settlement for a construction worker who was injured in a scaffold fall on his first day with the company.
- $1,150,000 Settlement for a laborer who sustained a facial laceration while working with an unsafe saw.
- $1,150,000 Settlement for a pedestrian who sustained a neck injury after being struck by a city police vehicle.
- $1,100,000 for a woman who suffered herniated discs and a partially dislocated knee in a car crash.
- $1,100,000 Settlement during trial for a female laborer who sustained a back injury in a construction accident.
- $1,075,000 Settlement for passenger who injured his neck in Manhattan crash with limousine
- $1,060,000 Settlement for a Long Island man who aggravated a pre-existing back injury in a motor vehicle collision.
- $1,060,000 Settlement for a Long Island man who aggravated a pre-existing back injury in a motor vehicle collision.
- $1,050,000 Settlement for a Queens woman who sustained a neck injury in a motor vehicle collision.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a 38-year-old woman who suffered herniated discs and shoulder injuries after the ceiling of her apartment collapsed.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a mechanic who suffered back injuries after his vehicle was rear-ended by a tractor trailer.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a 35-year-old truck loader who sustained neck and shoulder injuries in crash.
- $1,000,000 Settlement (the full insurance policy) secured for a construction laborer who suffered fractures to his left arm and leg.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a Suffolk County female who underwent a neck surgery after a motor vehicle accident.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a Queens man who sustained spine injuries in a crash.
- $1,000,000 Settlement following a Jury Verdict in the Bronx for a 14-year-old who had arthroscopic knee surgery after an accident.
- $1,000,000 Settlement (the entire insurance policy) for a 36-year-old man who sustained lung damage during a fire that took place in his apartment. The suit was brought against the landlord for illegally removing the fire escape 4 months before the fire occurred.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a Sanitation Worker in a suit against New York City.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a plumber injured when his ladder slid out from underneath him, causing him to fall.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- St John’s University, School of Law
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Ranked in the Top 3% of His Class
- Honors: Recipient Several Academic Honors
- Johns Hopkins University
Honors and Awards
- New York Super Lawyer, recognizing him as one of the top 5% of lawyers in the New York Metropolitan area, 2011 – 2017
- ‘The National Trial Lawyer’ honoring him as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in New York State, 2011 – 2017
- Named to the ‘Best Lawyers in America,’ list, 2013 – 2018
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” in Personal Injury – Plaintiffs in all New York City by Best Lawyers in 2022
- Named to the Irish Legal 100, recognizing the top Irish American lawyers in the United States, 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Recipient of the St. John’s School of Law 2014 P.T.A.I. ‘Alumni Excellence Award.’
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2008-Present
- Recipient of the Frances Pope Memorial Foundation ‘Man of the Year Award’, 2010
- Named as ‘Volunteer of the Quarter’ in 2014 by The St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Honoree, Brehon Law Society Holiday Dinner, 2015
- Honoree, Brooklyn to Alaska Project, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2008 to 2017
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association Partnership for Justice, Past Co-Chairman
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Labor Law Committee, 2012 to Present
- New York State Bar Association
- Brooklyn Manhattan Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- The Brehon Law Society, Member
- New York County Democratic Judicial Screening Panel, Panelist, 2012
- Kings County Democratic Judicial Screening Panel, Panelist, 2015
Free Initial Case Review
Fill out our short online contact form for a FREE, immediate case review, or call us locally at 212-736-5300 today. The lawyers in our firm work on a contingency basis, so we do not collect any money unless we win your case.