$3,500,000 Settlement for Multiple Injuries Requiring Back Surgery After Car Accident
In a New York case, a 54-year-old driver was sideswiped by another vehicle. The force of the impact caused him to swerve and crash into a parked car. As a result of the accident, he sustained herniated discs in his neck and back, requiring surgery. Additionally, he also had a tear in his shoulder that also required surgical attention. Represented by Block O’Toole & Murphy, he received a $3.5 million settlement.
Facts and Allegations
Plaintiff, a 54 year old male union bricklayer, was the driver of a vehicle that was side-swiped by another vehicle on Merrick Avenue in Queens County, New York. The force of the car collision caused Plaintiff to swerve and collide with a parked vehicle. Plaintiff’s vehicle was totaled as a result of the accident.
Plaintiff sustained disc herniations in his neck and back, as well as a tear in his left shoulder. Plaintiff underwent a neck surgery, back surgery and a left shoulder surgery. Plaintiff was unable to return to work. In addition to his claims for his medical costs and pain and suffering, Plaintiff brought a lost wage action.
This case was settled at mediation for $3,500,000
This case was handled by Partner Daniel P. O’Toole.
Skilled Legal Representation in Car Accident Cases
The attorneys at Block O’Toole & Murphy are skilled in litigating auto accident cases and have one of the top records in New York. Since 2012, no other law firm in New York attained more results exceeding $1 million than Block O’Toole & Murphy.
Notable recoveries for clients who required back surgery after a car crash include:
- $9,263,326 jury verdict for an auto accident victim who suffered spinal nerve damage requiring back surgery (2 level laminotomy and facetectomy)
- $6,000,000 settlement for a bus passenger hurt in a collision and required multiple back surgeries, including a lumbar laminectomy and an anterior and posterior fusion on L5-S1
- $5,500,000 settlement for a driver who was sideswiped by another vehicle and required lumbar fusion surgery
- $5,160,916 verdict for a passenger who required surgery to his neck and back after he was hit by a car that ran a stop sign
- $5,000,000 settlement for a client hurt in a multi-vehicle crash and suffered back injuries requiring laminectomy and posterior fossa decompression
- $4,600,000 settlement for a car accident victim who required back surgery after he was injured in a violent collision in Long Island, New York
To date, Block O’Toole & Murphy attained over $1 billion in verdicts and settlements for clients. To speak with an attorney today, please call 212-736-5300. We serve New York and New Jersey.