$1,500,000 Award in Auto Accident Case for Rotator Cuff Tear and Back Injuries
A 43-year-old woman was stopped at a red light when she was rear-ended in a multi-chain car accident. As a result of the crash, she sustained serious injuries, including a rotator cuff tear, which required arthroscopic surgery. She also suffered herniated discs requiring fusion surgery. Represented by Block O’Toole & Murphy, she was awarded $1.5 million.
Court and County
Age and Occupation of Client
Our client was 43 years old on the date of the accident. She was employed as a hair stylist and part-time seasonal UPS employee.
Description of Case
This case involved a car accident that occurred on Hempstead Turnpike in Uniondale, New York. Our client was stopped at a red light when she was struck from behind by a vehicle that was in turn hit the defendant’s following car, pushing our client’s vehicle forward into the vehicle stopped directly in front of her.
Our client sustained a left shoulder rotator cuff tear requiring arthroscopic repair as well as lumbar herniations at L4-L5 and L5-S1 that required a lumbar laminectomy and fusion.
She also had a loss of earnings claim, claims for past and future medical expenses, as well as pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
Block O’Toole & Murphy has a track record of successful auto injury verdicts and settlements, including a $32 million record-breaking verdict in a Long Island car accident case and a $22 million settlement in an upstate New York case. For a free legal consultation, please call 212-736-5300 or fill out our Contact Form.
Our client was awarded $1,500,000. Her actual recovery was reduced to $1,300,000, the total amount of the available insurance coverage.
The case was handled by attorneys Stephen Murphy and Michael Hurwitz.
Top Litigation for Serious Shoulder & Other Injuries After Accident
The Law Firm of Block O’Toole & Murphy recovered over $1 billion for clients hurt in car accidents, construction accidents, on-the-job falls, premises liability, and other personal injury matters. If you suffered a severe shoulder or other injury after an accident, it’s important to speak to a qualified attorney about your legal rights.
Our attorneys are skilled in litigating car accident cases and have attained some of the best results in New York, including 6 of the 10 highest auto injury settlements in New York State in 2016 alone.
Select results* for motor vehicle accident victims with shoulder injuries include:
- $4,000,000 settlement for a driver who sustained a tear of his left rotator cuff among other injuries after he was hit by another vehicle at an intersection in Queens, New York
- $1,500,000 settlement in a Bronx case for a pedestrian who suffered multiple injuries, including a labral tear in her right shoulder, which required arthroscopic surgery
- $1,500,000 settlement for a pedestrian hit by a car in Tribeca, Manhattan. She sustained herniated discs and tears to her shoulder requiring arthroscopic surgery.
- $1,450,000 recovery for a driver whose car was hit by a bus. She sustained multiple injuries, including tears to her left shoulder and required arthroscopic surgery.
- $1,000,000 settlement in a Brooklyn case for a car passenger who required arthroscopic surgery to his right shoulder after he was hurt in a collision
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome