$2,300,000 Settlement for Worker Whose Foot Was Run Over by a Truck
In a New York case, a construction flagman was directing traffic when a truck delivering stone ran over his foot. As a result of the accident, he suffered severe fractures to his foot and ankle. Represented by Block O’Toole & Murphy, he received a $2.3 million settlement.
The case involved a laborer working as a flagman at a construction project on West 54th Street in Manhattan. While the worker was safeguarding pedestrians and vehicles during the delivery of materials to the site, a truck delivering stone ran over the worker’s foot while backing into the project, resulting in severe fractures to the foot and ankle requiring multiple surgeries. The truck driver and his employer attempted to lay blame for the happening of the accident on the injured laborer. However, Block O’Toole & Murphy successfully argued that the driver and his employer were responsible for the accident.
The case was handled by Partners Jeffrey Block and S. Joseph Donahue of Block O’Toole & Murphy.
If you suffered serious foot or ankle injuries after an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Call 212-736-5300 for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney at Block O’Toole & Murphy today. In 2016 alone, our personal injury law firm recovered 4 of the 5 Highest Settlements in all of New York State.
Top Litigation in Serious Foot Injury Lawsuits
The attorneys at Block O’Toole & Murphy are skilled in handling a wide variety of cases where the victims suffered serious foot injuries. We serve multiple practice areas including but not limited to: on-the-job accidents, car accidents, premises liability, and other personal injury matters.
Select results in foot injury cases include:
- $4,995,000 settlement for a 37-year-old worker who suffered a calcaneus fracture in his left foot among other injuries after he fell at a Manhattan construction site
- $3,720,000 settlement for a client who sustained severe foot and ankle injuries after a job-related accident in Bayside, Queens
- $2,900,000 recovery in a Brooklyn case for fractured foot injuries and ankle injuries requiring ankle fusion surgery after a ladder fall
- $2,750,000 settlement in a Bronx case for a pedestrian who suffered a metatarsal fracture in her right foot after she was hit by a car
- $1,204,087 compensation for a worker who lost portions of his toes in a blade accident in Long Island
Learn your legal rights after a serious accident by speaking with a Block O’Toole & Murphy attorney today. Simply call 212-736-5300 or fill out our Contact Form.