$2,750,000 Settlement for Car Accident Injuries Requiring Surgery, Including an Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
Our client, a 44-year-old woman, was injured in an auto accident on a freeway in New York City. As a result of the collision, she sustained knee and neck injuries requiring arthroscopic surgery to her right knee and a fusion surgery to her cervical spine. Represented by the Law Firm of Block O’Toole & Murphy, she recovered a $2.75 million settlement.
Partners S. Joseph Donahue and Jeffrey Block of Block O’Toole & Murphy have obtained another significant settlement in a challenging case. This time, these accomplished trial lawyers fought tirelessly for a female security guard who was injured in a motor vehicle collision.
At the time of the accident, Plaintiff was a front seat passenger in a car driven by her daughter on the Bruckner Expressway, when the car was rear-ended by a van. Mr. Block and Mr. Donahue were successful in obtaining summary judgment on the issue of fault, despite Defendant’s argument that the Plaintiffs’ vehicle came to a sudden and unanticipated stop in the roadway.
At the time of the accident, Plaintiff was 44 years old and had an extensive history of lumbar spine complaints as a result of a prior work-related accident and prior motor vehicle accident. Following the accident, Plaintiff underwent an arthroscopic surgery to her right knee and a cervical fusion surgery. Plaintiff was unable to continue working as a security guard as a result of her injuries.
The settlement of $2,750,000 was reached prior to trial.
Since 2012, Block O’Toole & Murphy attained more results exceeding $1,000,000 than any other law firm in New York State. Call 212-736-5300 for a free legal consultation.
Top Results for Victims Who Required Surgery After a Serious Accident
The Law Firm of Block O’Toole & Murphy is experienced in litigating all types of personal injury cases, including work accidents, car accidents, slip and falls, and other types of accidents that result in serious injuries. For victims harmed after a life-altering accident, you do not need to suffer alone.
Our attorneys have devoted their careers to fighting for the rights of injury victims in New York and are experienced in representing victims with severe knee and other injuries after an accident. Select results include:
- $3,175,000 settlement for a delivery worker who suffered serious injuries, including knee injuries requiring arthroscopic surgery
- $2,270,000 jury verdict for a passenger on a bus who sustained synovitis on the right knee for which she underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on
- $2,000,000 settlement for a laborer who fell at a work site and sustained a partial medial meniscus tear to his knee that required arthroscopic repair
- $1,750,000 settlement for an auto accident victim who underwent arthroscopic knee and cervical spinal surgery
- $1,700,000 settlement for a man hurt in a motor vehicle accident and needed arthroscopic surgery to his right knee
We will fight for every dollar that our clients are entitled to under the law. To date, we recovered over 300 verdicts and settlements exceeding $1,000,000 each. To learn more, visit our main Verdicts and Settlements page.