Pawel P. Wierzbicki
Block O’Toole & Murphy is proud to announce the hiring of Pawel P. Wierzbicki, adding yet another young, talented and hard-working trial attorney to the firm. Pawel is a U.S. citizen who was born in Chicago and raised in Poland, where he first received his J.D. from the University of Warsaw in 2014. He then began studying at the University of Florida’s Fredric G. Levin College of Law, where he went on to receive his Master of Laws (LL.M.). While at the Levin College of Law, Pawel received the Book Award for achieving the highest grade on the Torts exam. He was also awarded the Pulaski Scholarship for Advanced Studies (from the American Council for Polish Culture) in recognition of his academic excellence. He is a proud member of the Pulaski Association of Professional Men, Inc.
Pawel has years of experience as a successful New York personal injury lawyer and specializes in catastrophic injuries resulting from work accidents (especially construction), premises liability cases and motor vehicle accidents. He has also handled many Workers’ Compensation claims and has a thorough understanding of how those claims fit in with the larger picture of third-party personal injury lawsuits. In his time as an attorney, Pawel has secured numerous substantial Section 32 settlements for construction workers who have been injured on the job. Some of his recent results include:
- $8,750,000 resolution for an undocumented immigrant from Poland who fell three feet from a ladder at a renovation site in Manhattan who sustained head trauma, brain damage and other injuries which caused deterioration of his health condition and activated an antiphospholipid syndrome, a genetic and quiescent blood condition;
- $4,300,000 for an asbestos abatement worker who was hit by a van on his way to work and sustained fractures of the left forearm and right ankle requiring surgeries and a meniscal tear in the right knee which was treated with physical therapy;
- $2,500,000 settlement for a Local 78 union worker who fell five feet from scaffolding after he was hit by a falling object
- $2,500,000 for an asbestos abatement worker who fell off a scaffold and injured his lumbar spine and left knee;
- $2,700,000 for a union plumber who tripped at a construction site and injured his right knee and the right shoulder;
- $1,500,000 for a 76-year-old female pedestrian who was crossing the street where the defendant had a green light and the plaintiff was jaywalking. As a result of the accident, our client sustained head trauma and multiple fractures;
- $1,000,000 for the estate of a victim in a successfully plead negligent entrustment action involving a compact track loader rented by a general contractor from a third-party company;
- $941,065 for a maintenance worker who fell from height at work and injured his left humerus and left knee;
- $850,000 for an elderly woman who slipped and fell in the lobby of a residential building and suffered injuries to her right ankle and right shoulder
- $600,000 for a 72-year-old woman who tripped and fell over a raised sidewalk and sustained injuries to her left knee and left shoulder requiring arthroscopic injuries;
As a fluent speaker of English and Polish, Pawel will allow Block O’Toole & Murphy to continue providing the best legal representation and client experience for people of all different cultures and backgrounds. Pawel carefully prepares Polish-speaking clients for upcoming examinations before trial (EBT’s) to assure they are provided accurate translation so that they can feel comfortable throughout the process. Pawel takes a hands-on approach with all the clients he represents and is always available to answer questions that his clients may have about the status of their case.
Pawel is highly motivated to do everything he can to help injured clients who come to him in their time of need. Through hard work, a keen understanding of the legal system, and experience dealing with a wide variety of people, Pawel is dedicated to do everything he can to secure the maximum amount of money available to the people he serves.
Areas Of Practice
- Construction Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- New York
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- Master of Laws
- University of Warsaw
- Doctor of Law
Honors and Awards
- Book Award – The Levin College of Law – Top Grade in Torts
- Pulaski Scholarship for Advanced Studies – American Council for Polish Culture
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Injured Workers’ Bar Association
- Pulaski Association of Professional Men, Inc.
Free Initial Case Review
Fill out our short online contact form for a FREE, immediate case review, or call us locally at 212-736-5300 today. The lawyers in our firm work on a contingency basis, so we do not collect any money unless we win your case.