Aaron Fishkin graduated cum laude from SUNY Oneonta in 2012 with a major in Business Economics and a minor in Business Communications. At Oneonta, Mr. Fishkin was a member of the men’s lacrosse team and was awarded SUNY Athletic Conference All-Academic Team Honors. In 2011, before Mr. Fishkin began his junior year of college, he interned at Block O’Toole & Murphy, where he gained an appreciation and understanding for the law and advocacy. The following year, Mr. Fishkin interned in the Early Case Assessment Bureau at the Kings County District Attorney’s office, where he interviewed civilians and members of law enforcement, analyzed a myriad of legal issues, and drafted criminal complaints. Following his experiences at the firm and the district attorney’s office, Mr. Fishkin was determined to pursue a career in law to fight for those who are unable to fight for themselves.
In 2015, Mr. Fishkin earned his Juris Doctor from SUNY Buffalo Law School. While attending law school, Mr. Fishkin interned at the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Western District of New York. While there, he worked alongside federal prosecutors and performed a direct examination of a law enforcement witness who observed an individual obstructing a border patrol stop. Mr. Fishkin also honed his advocacy skills as a top member of the school’s trial team and spent time giving back to his community as President and Co-founder of Future Advocates in Training (F.A.I.T.). Through F.A.I.T., Mr. Fishkin partnered with a local high school to have SUNY Buffalo Law School students teach courtroom procedures, trial advocacy, and the rules of evidence. Mr. Fishkin graduated cum laude. At his graduation, he was selected as the Student Commencement Speaker by the law school faculty and his peers.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Fishkin served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Kings County District Attorney’s Office. While at the District Attorney’s Office, Mr. Fishkin investigated and prosecuted hundreds of misdemeanor and felony cases, including identity thefts and financial frauds, armed robberies, serious felony assaults, attempted murders, manslaughters, and felony possession of weapons. Mr. Fishkin presented over 100 cases to the grand jury, including dozens of violent felonies and the attempted murder of a law enforcement officer. Additionally, Mr. Fishkin zealously cross-examined defendants and defense witnesses during trial, and over 10 defense witnesses during grand jury presentations. As a Brooklyn Prosecutor, Mr. Fishkin was lead counsel on numerous high-profile, serious cases that garnered local press attention. Mr. Fishkin tried several cases to verdict in New York State Supreme Court and served as second chair in a successful gunpoint robbery and homicide prosecution. He conducted over fifteen pre-trial suppression hearings involving substantive legal issues, and adeptly cross-examined professional expert witnesses. Mr. Fishkin was promoted to Senior Assistant District Attorney in 2020 in recognition of his superior investigative and trial advocacy skills.
Ten years after Mr. Fishkin was a college intern at the firm, he returned as a highly motivated attorney with a dogged work ethic. Mr. Fishkin is dedicated to fighting for his injured clients in their greatest time of need.
- $3,625,000 Settlement for a Queens worker who was injured after falling six feet off an extension ladder.
- $3,500,000 Settlement for a hazmat specialist who suffered back, neck, knee and shoulder injuries necessitating surgery when his vehicle was hit by a driver who failed to stop at a stop sign.
- $3,400,000 Settlement for client who sustained back and shoulder injuries after he was rear-ended by a commercial vehicle.
- $2,400,000 Settlement for a woman who required neck, back, and knee surgeries after a sidewalk decompression caused her to fall in Brooklyn
- $1,750,000 Settlement for a mother who sustained serious neck, back, and knee injuries after a commercial truck hit the car in which she was seated as a passenger.
- $1,750,000 for a driver who suffered serious spine injuries after his car was struck by a commercial vehicle that entered his traffic lane.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for client who was injured when a commercial van attempting to make a left-hand turn struck his motorcycle in a Queens intersection.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for a mother of three, who underwent a c5-6 fusion and left shoulder surgery after being struck by a truck.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for a passenger in a Department of Corrections vehicle who suffered spine injuries when the driver hit a pole.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a 42-year-old pedestrian who was injured and required multiple surgeries, including a neck surgery, when she was struck by a commercial vehicle attempting to make a left turn.
- $973,904 for a man who suffered spinal injuries after the car in which he was a passenger was struck by a truck that ran a red light.
- $950,000 for an infant that suffered first and second degree burns to his face and body when a scalding cup of soup was spilled on him at a daycare center. The structured settlement guarantees $3,366,949 for the infant, with an expectation to receive $7,370,775 over the rest of his lifetime.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- J.D. – 2015
- SUNY Oneonta – 2012
- Major: Business Economics
- Minor: Business Communications
Free Initial Case Review
Fill out our short online contact form for a FREE, immediate case review, or call us locally at 212-736-5300 today. The lawyers in our firm work on a contingency basis, so we do not collect any money unless we win your case.