There's No Such Thing As a Minor Tractor-Trailer Accident
A collision can result in serious injuries that will permanently affect a person's life. If you have suffered an injury as a result of an accident involving a tractor trailer, a top-notch trial law firm can protect your rights and make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. The attorneys at Block O'Toole & Murphy have the experience and resources to handle even the most complex trucking accident cases.
Free, No-Obligation Truck Accident Consultation
Call the proven injury lawyers of Block O'Toole & Murphy at 212-736-5300 or send us an email today.
Types and Causes of Truck Accidents
- Failure to properly maintain truck parts, such as brakes
- Reckless or aggressive driving by the truck driver
- Driver fatigue, caused by long hours of driving without a break
- Improper truck loading, including overloaded trucks and unsecured loads, which can lead to rollover accidents
Helpful Truck Accident Resources
A lawyer familiar with trucking laws and regulations can investigate the accident report and other evidence, identify the parties that may be responsible for the accident, and pursue justice on your behalf. The NYC lawyers at Block O'Toole and Murphy have put together the following resources to help you understand your rights after a truck crash:
- Truck Accident FAQs
- What You Should Do After A Truck Crash
- Understanding Truck Accident Lawsuits
- Who Is Responsible For a Semi-Truck Crash
If you have additional questions or want to speak with an attorney about your legal options, our law firm offers a FREE, no-obligation consultation. Call today to schedule an appointment or contact our firm online or via the chat feature on this website.
Our Results Tell the Story
The law firm of Block O'Toole & Murphy has a long-standing and successful history of making sure juries and insurance companies understand how a tractor-trailer collision can impact a person's life. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our injured clients. Our track record in representing victims of accidents speaks for itself. Listed below are some of the verdicts and settlements we have obtained for clients who were injured in truck accidents:
- $5,500,000 recovery for a driver who suffered injuries when his pickup truck was sideswiped by a tractor trailer
- $3,925,000 Settlement for injured "Good Samaritan" in locomotive, tractor-trailer collision at railroad crossing
- $3,000,000 verdict for an individual who sustained back injuries after colliding with an 18 wheel tractor trailer
- $3,000,000 settlement for a 78-year-old woman who was struck by City of New York garbage truck while riding motorized scooter
- $2,550,000 settlement for four females injured in a tractor trailer collision
- $2,500,000 recovery for a driver who sustained injuries when a concrete mixing truck struck the passenger side of her car
- $2,500,000 settlement for a pedestrian who was struck by a large truck, resulting in leg fractures
- $1,700,000 settlement for a man whose vehicle was rear-ended by a tractor trailer oil tanker
- $1,500,000 settlement for a retired teacher whose vehicle was rear-ended by a truck
- $1,281,000 verdict for a deliveryman who sustained a hip injury when his vehicle was hit by a truck
- $1,097,000 verdict for a man who suffered a knee injury after his van was struck by an 18-wheel tractor trailer
- $1,000,000 settlement for a woman who suffered a herniated disc after her vehicle was rear-ended by a tractor trailer
- $950,000 settlement for a driver who sustained neck and shoulder injuries in a tractor trailer accident
For more information about these cases and a complete list of the successful results our attorneys have obtained, please visit our verdicts & settlements page.
If you have been injured in an accident, contact the law firm of Block O'Toole & Murphy today. We offer a FREE consultation; you can learn about your legal options without cost or obligation. We can help you hold the people who caused your accident responsible. Serving Manhattan, The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, all of NYC and New York State. Call us at 212-736-5300 or contact us online.