Medical malpractice is responsible for hundreds of thousands of injuries and deaths to patients every year across the country.
At Block O'Toole & Murphy, our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. We know and study the applicable medical issues. We understand how the other side thinks because several trial attorneys on our team once worked for major malpractice defense firms in Manhattan.
To discuss a potential medical malpractice case, contact our NYC lawyers. Call us at 212-344-0646 or complete our online form to schedule a FREE consultation.
Leading Causes of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
According to Becker's Hospital Review, the most common source of medical malpractice lawsuits nationally are:
- Diagnosis errors- 33 percent
- Surgical and anesthesia errors - 27 percent
- Obstetrical errors leading to injury to baby or mother - 11 percent
- Medication errors - 4 percent
- Monitoring errors - 3 percent
- Other unspecified treatment errors - 22 percent
Proven Attorneys With a Track Record of Results
Our attorneys have obtained multi-million verdicts and settlements* for clients injured as a result of medical negligence. These include:
- A $9,792,412 jury verdict on behalf of a client who was injured during brain surgery
- A $4 million settlement on behalf of an infant who suffered a brachial plexus injury during delivery
- A $2.3 million settlement for an infant who suffered an injury to the large colon due to pediatrician negligence to result in an $18,074,933.08 payout over the infant's lifetime
- A $2.25 million settlement for a patient who was undergoing back surgery when the surgeon's drill pierced a bone, causing nerve damage
- A $1.95 million recovery for a patient who suffered a stroke during surgery, resulting in partial paralysis
Get Answers and Protect Your Rights
We offer a free consultation so that you can discuss your case with our attorneys at no cost. If you have been injured while under the care of a medical professional, we can help you obtain justice. Call us at 212-344-0646, or contact us online today.
Se habla español | Мы Говорим по-Русски | Mowimy po Polsku
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.