Medical malpractice causes hundreds of thousands of injuries and deaths to patients throughout the United States each year. Medical malpractice occurs when a physician or hospital fails to provide a patient with the required standard of care, thus causing the patient to suffer harm.
At Block O'Toole & Murphy, our experienced New York medical malpractice attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We know and study the applicable medicine. We understand how the other side thinks because several trial attorneys on our team have past experience working for major defense firms in Manhattan.
Medical Negligence Attorneys Serving New York City
There are many types of medical errors that may be grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit. Many medical negligence cases involve birth injuries. Negligence on the part of hospital staff during childbirth can result in conditions such as cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy and brachial plexus palsy.
Failure to diagnose a serious disease such as cancer can also be grounds for a medical malpractice claim. Medication errors, surgical errors and anesthesia errors are additional forms of medical negligence that can lead to serious injuries for patients.
To learn more, visit the following pages:
- Surgical mistakes
- Birth injuries:
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to properly read MRIs, X-Rays or mammograms
- Anesthesia injuries
- Gynecological errors
- Obstetric negligence
- Organ or bowel puncture or perforation
Impressive Results on Behalf of Injured Clients
Our firm recently procured a $9,792,412 jury verdict on behalf of a client who was injured during brain surgery and negotiated a $4,000,000 settlement on behalf of an infant who suffered a brachial plexus injury during delivery. Listed below are some additional medical malpractice recoveries that we have obtained for our clients*:
- $2,300,000 settlement for an infant who suffered an injury to the large colon due to pediatrician negligence to result in an $18,074,933.08 payout over the infant's lifetime
- $2,250,000 settlement for a patient who was undergoing back surgery when the surgeon's drill pierced a bone, causing nerve damage
- $1,950,000 recovery for a patient who suffered a stroke during the course of a surgery, resulting in partial paralysis
- $1,490,000 settlement for negligence during a physical therapy session, resulting in aggravation of neck injuries
- $1,250,000 verdict in a failure to diagnose case against the city of New York
- $1,000,000 verdict for a social worker who was injured during surgery
- $1,000,000 settlement for a patient who required the removal of a kidney after the defendant failed to advise her that she needed follow-up treatment
For more information about these medical negligence cases and a complete list of the successful results our lawyers have obtained, please visit our Verdicts & Settlements page.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation so that you can have the opportunity to discuss your case with our attorneys at no cost. If you have been injured while under the care of a medical professional, we can help you hold the people who caused your injury responsible. Call us at 212-736-5300, or contact us online today.
Se habla español | Мы Говорим по-Русски | Mowimy po Polsku
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.