Please Click On The Form For Printing
Fighting For the Rights of Car Crash Victims
At Block O'Toole & Murphy we are not satisfied until our clients gets the full compensation they deserve after a car accident. This includes the financial resources to cover medical treatment, pain and suffering, lost wages, and property damage.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car wreck, you cannot afford to settle for anything less than an experienced personal injury attorney with a track record of achieving results in New York City.
Time Is Ticking. Protect Your Claim.
The insurance companies are already working to avoid doing the right thing for you and your family. Contact us now for a free consultation with a firm that can level the playing field.
New York City Car Accident Statistics
Statistics released by the New York City Police Department reveal a staggering number of car accidents in our city. For example, in March of 2014, there were 15,831 passenger vehicles involved in car crashes. In addition, 1,382 taxis crashed. Fortunately, many accidents in the city are fender-benders. However, that is not always the case; there are a variety of types of NYC car accidents.
In the same month as the 15,831 car crashes, six car drivers and one passenger, and 11 pedestrians died in car accidents in New York. Overall, 2,799 people were injured or killed as a result of motor vehicle accidents, according to NYPD statistics.
The largest number of motor vehicle crashes in NYC - 2,159 - were the result of driver inattention, also known as distracted driving. The second highest cause of accidents was following too closely, which resulted in 1,071 accidents.
Se habla español | Мы Говорим по-Русски | Mowimy po Polsku
If you have been injured in a New York auto accident, contact the experienced injury attorneys at the law firm of Block O'Toole & Murphy. Call us at 212-736-5300, or contact us online today for a FREE initial consultation.
Our Impressive Results in Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
Block O'Toole & Murphy has a long tradition of obtaining significant verdicts and settlements for injured clients.* Examples of car accident results include:
- $22,500,000 settlementfor a car accident victim
- $20,181,484 verdict for a man injured in collision caused by icy road condition
- $12,000,000 award for a 7-year-old injured pedestrian. The structured settlement in this case will yield more than $71 million
- $9,263,326 verdict for a taxi cab passenger who was injured when the taxi was involved in a three-car collision
- $5,000,000 award for an auto accident victim who suffered activation of symptoms from a pre-existing condition
- $4,250,000 recovery for an auto accident victim who suffered a back injury in a rear-end accident
- $4,000,000 settlement for a hotel employee injured in two-car accident
- $4,000,000 verdict for a student injured in a pedestrian knockdown accident
- $4,000,000 verdict for an auto accident victim who suffered herniated disks
- $3,500,000 verdict for a car accident victim who suffered back and knee injuries
- $2,840,000 verdict for an NYPD member who suffered a back injury in an auto accident
- $2,800,000 settlement for a 42 year-old pedestrian who was injured while walking to work
- $2,750,000 verdict for a passenger injured in a two-vehicle accident
- $2,558,000 recovery in a case involving the wrongful death of a passenger in a car that was struck by a drunk driver
- $2,500,000 recovery for an individual who sustained back injuries in a two-car accident
- $2,500,000 verdict for a student who suffered fractures and burns in a car accident
- $2,500,000 verdict for a man injured in auto accident
- $2,400,000 recovery for a man injured in a motor vehicle accident
- $2,250,000 recovery awarded to a man injured in a car crash
- $2,150,000 settlement for a woman injured in Nassau County auto collision
- $2,100,000 verdict for a man who sustained head injuries in a pedestrian knockdown accident
- $2,025,000 settlement for a man who developed a seizure disorder in a car accident
- $2,000,000 verdict for a woman who suffered back injuries in a rear-end car crash
- $2,000,000 recovery for a woman who suffered back injuries in an auto accident
- $2,000,000 awarded in Queens suit for back injuries against the City of New York
- $1,975,000 recovered for a 50 year-old man who suffered lower back injuries
- $1,750,000 settlement for a Suffolk County plaintiff who suffered a lower back injury in a crash
- $1,750,000 awarded to 26 year-old injured in rear-end collision
- $1,750,000 awarded to a carpenter injured in car accident
- $1,700,000 verdict for an iron worker injured in car crash
- $1,650,000 awarded to a nurse injured in auto accident
- $1,640,000 verdict for a taxi passenger injured in crash
- $1,600,000 awarded to a carpenter injured in car accident
- $1,500,000 settlement for a 57-year-old woman who was struck by an NYPD car in Queens
- $1,500,000 awarded to a teacher injured in rear-end collision
- $1,500,000 verdict for a 70 year-old injured in car accident
- $1,490,000 recovery for a car accident victim with neck and back injuries
- $1,475,000 verdict for a mother injured in motor vehicle crash
- $1,300,000 settlement for a Brooklyn bicyclist struck by a van
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome