Christina Mark graduated from New York University with a degree in journalism and earned her juris doctor from Notre Dame Law School. She joined Block O’Toole & Murphy, LLP as an associate, after demonstrating exceptionally strong legal research and writing skills, an industrious work ethic, and a heartfelt dedication to fighting for clients’ rights as a summer intern for the firm.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Mark worked in the Appeals Bureau of the Nassau County District Attorney and in the chambers of the Honorable Joan O’Dwyer of Queens County Supreme Court. At Notre Dame, she worked as a devoted advocate for clients at the Notre Dame Legal Aid Clinic and served as the Executive Articles Editor of the law school’s prestigious Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy, after receiving accolades for her brief-writing skills. Ms. Mark also previously worked as a professional writer and reporter in New York City.
Since joining Block O’Toole & Murphy, LLP, Ms. Mark has handled a wide range of cases including wrongful death, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, labor law and construction accidents. Ms. Mark is known for her superior writing and analytical skills. She is the lead associate in the firm’s appellate and complex motion practices, and regularly writes briefs to the Appellate Division and the Court of Appeals. She is also heavily relied upon to research and brief critical legal issues in substantial cases across all of the firm’s practice areas.
- $8,800,000 settlement for victim in Queens pedestrian accident who suffered a brain injury*
- $7,525,000 for family devastated by fatal Suffolk County auto accident
- $3,925,000 settlement for injured "Good Samaritan" in locomotive, tractor-trailer collision at railroad crossing
- $2,650,000 awarded to Local 3 Electrician after a back injury caused by a trip and fall*
- $2,250,000 construction worker recovers for lower back and knee injuries
- $2,250,000 settlement awarded to window washer who fell from Manhattan building*
- $2,150,000 settlement for woman injured in Nassau County auto collision
- $1,850,000 settlement for victim of a delivery truck collision in the Bronx
- $1,750,000 settlement for city sanitation worker and wife who suffered neck injuries in collision with truck*
- $1,500,000 settlement for a Bronx driver who was struck by a New York City street sweeper
- $1,500,000 for a pedestrian who injured her neck and shoulder*
- $1,475,000 for injured Brooklyn product delivery man*
- $1,410,000 for a married couple from Brooklyn who injured their necks in a rear-end motor vehicle accident*
- $1,325,000 settlement for a worker whose forearm was lacerated by a shard of falling glass
- $1,000,000 settlement for a 35-year-old truck loader who sustained neck and shoulder injuries in crash
Outside of her work for the firm, Ms. Mark feels compelled to serve and help those in need. Ms. Mark regularly contributes her time, legal skills and counseling to homeless and low-income New Yorkers as a volunteer for Open Hands Legal Services (www.openhandslegalservices.org). Ms. Mark also volunteers annually as a Running Buddy for Girls on the Run (www.gotrnyc.org).
*Ms. Mark contributed to the results as a non-handling attorney/junior associate on the case.