Professional football often seems like a modern day gladiator sport, providing fans the opportunity to be entertained by large men colliding with one another at high speeds for three hours.
This past weekend was a demonstration of the risks facing NFL athletes, as a number of prominent players suffered injuries.
With no further ado, we bring you this week’s NFL injury roundup:
- Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo suffered an injury to his throwing shoulder, leaving him doubtful for this Thursday’s game against the Houston Texans.
- Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, 2015’s leading rusher, suffered a torn meniscus that could keep him out for a number of weeks or the remainder of the season.
- Broncos linebacker Demarcus Ware broke his forearm on Sunday and is expected to miss over a month
- Chargers running back Danny Woodhead tore his ACL and will miss the remainder of the season
- Browns quarterback Josh McCown – in the lineup to replace injured quarterback Robert Griffin III – went down with a shoulder injury that could keep him out for the team’s upcoming game against the Dolphins
Your Weekends Don’t Have To Result In Injuries
We may not be gladiators, but weekend warriors like us are still susceptible to injuries. Whether you’re out and about running errands, enjoying a game of touch football or -ugh- working on the weekend, do what you can to stay safe.
If you do find yourself injured, you can turn to the proven injury lawyers of Block O’Toole & Murphy for all your New York City personal injury needs.