Representing Elevator Accident Victims Throughout the State
New York has numerous highly detailed local laws governing the installation, inspection and maintenance of elevators. In addition, New York has enacted specialized laws designed to protect construction site workers who often operate manual hoists. When general contractors, elevator maintenance companies, building owners and other responsible parties fail to comply with the applicable laws and safety standards, serious accidents may result.
If you suffered an injury while working on or riding in an elevator, we urge you to explore all of your legal rights by contacting Block O'Toole & Murphy as soon as possible after the injury occurs. Injury victims need a New York law firm that knows the law inside and out, understands the rights of elevator workers and passengers and has the tools to maximize financial recovery.
Handling a Broad Spectrum of Elevator Accidents
As one of New York's premier personal injury law firms, Block O'Toole & Murphy handles a wide array of elevator accident cases. These may involve:
- Injuries caused by manually operated hoists on construction sites
- Misleveling, or the elevator failing to line up with the building floor
- Falling down the open elevator shaft
- Becoming caught in the elevator door
- Being trapped in the main elevator compartment
- Being crushed between the elevator wall and the car
- Sudden acceleration or deceleration
- Defective governors
- Improper maintenance of the hoist cable
- Bypassing the interlock circuit
- Safety device failures
Real Results in Dangerous or Defective Elevator Cases
Our team of skilled New York attorneys has a track record of success that insurance companies and defense firms respect and fear. Our results include*:
- $5,500,000 recovery for a truck driver injured in an elevator accident
- $4,000,000 recovery for an elevator erector injured in a construction site accident
- $2,250,000 wrongful death recovery for the spouse of an elevator erector in a construction accident tragedy
- $2,000,000 recovery for a dietary aid injured in an elevator accident
- $1,900,000 settlement for a 32 BJ union worker injured in an elevator accident
For a complete list of the successful results our law firm has obtained, please visit our Verdicts & Settlements page.
Consult an Elevator Injury Attorney Serving New York
Were you or a loved one seriously injured in an elevator-related accident? If so, learn more about your rights and options. Schedule a FREE consultation with the experienced personal injury lawyers at the New York City law firm of Block O'Toole & Murphy. Call us at 212-736-5300, or contact us online today.
Se habla español | Мы Говорим по-Русски | Mowimy po Polsku
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.