Accidents Involving Construction Hoists or Industrial Lifts
Material lifts are intended to transport construction materials or freight between fixed levels of a building or other structure. They may be referred to as personnel and materials hoists, construction lifts, freight platform lifts, temporary construction elevators, man lifts, construction hoists or industrial lifts. No matter the term used for these machines, they must be operated and maintained to prevent workplace accidents and injuries.
Call if You Were Injured by a Lift
If you were injured in a New York material lift accident, you have rights and options. Bringing experience, skill and a track record of success, the law firm of Block O'Toole & Murphy is here to aggressively advocate for the victims of construction site accidents. Our New York construction accident attorneys can help you investigate every avenue for monetary compensation after a job site accident. Contact us by calling 212-736-5300 or by completing our online form.
We have obtained over 300 verdicts and settlements each worth more than $1 million*. Altogether, Block O'Toole & Murphy has recovered over $850 million for clients.
Safety Checklist for Personnel and Material Hoists
To avoid accidents and injuries, the material lift or elevator operator should take the following steps:
- Visually inspect the elevator each morning
- Ensure upper landing gates are closed before operation
- Latch landing gates before leaving floor
- Ensure car gates are latched and green light is on
- Ensure car floor, base platform and areas outside landing gates are FREE of debris
- Lubricate and maintain elevator on a regular basis
- Do not operate in high winds (over 35 mph)
- Do not transport more than three workers (including operator) with the load
Contact Our New York City Construction Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Were you injured in a material lift or freight platform lift accident in New York? Schedule a FREE consultation with the experienced construction injury attorneys at the law firm of Block O'Toole & Murphy. Call us at 212-736-5300, or contact us online today.
Se habla español | Мы Говорим по-Русски | Mowimy po Polsku
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.