Frederick C. Aranki
Frederick C. Aranki has been practicing law since 1996. Mr. Aranki is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of New York. He is also admitted to practice law in the District and State Courts of Colorado and in Washington, D.C. He is an active member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Aranki has a wide variety of legal experience but has spent most of his career practicing in the area of personal injury. He has vast experience in the courtroom, spending a great deal of his career focusing on the litigation of complex matters with significant and catastrophic injuries. He is fortunate to have experience on both sides of the law, working for many years with defense firms that predominantly represented large insurance companies. During his tenure as a defense attorney, Mr. Aranki gained invaluable experience, litigating construction site accidents, wrongful death actions, serious motor vehicle accidents and premises liability cases. Mr. Aranki's extensive defense experience provides the firm and its clients with a unique insight into the mindset and strategies of insurance companies. It also gives him comfort that he is keenly aware of how the opposition is lining up their case. His background helps the firm streamline the litigation process and procure maximum recoveries for our clients.
Mr. Aranki joined the firm in May 2008 and is now taking his years of experience as a defense attorney and using it to devote himself to helping the hardworking people that the firm represents. Since joining the firm Mr. Aranki has assembled an impressive array of results, particularly in his tireless representation of women and men that are injured at construction sites. Along with partner Daniel O'Toole, Mr. Aranki's results include a $6,400,000 settlement for an ironworker in a construction accident; $5,000,000 settlement for the estate of a deceased tourist in a landmark wrongful death action; $4,475,000 settlement for the two young children of a construction worker killed in a jobsite accident; $3,000,000 settlement for an 80 year-old woman in a motor vehicle collision; $3,000,000 settlement for a man injured in a motor vehicle accident; $2,925,000 settlement for a man who suffered back injuries in a motor vehicle accident; $2,400,000 award for a man who suffered a neck injury in a motor vehicle accident; $2,250,000 award for a man who suffered multiple injuries in a motor vehicle accident; and a $2,150,000 settlement for a carpenter that injured his neck while working at a construction site. Mr. Aranki was also pivotal in reaching a $2,550,000 settlement for four victims that sustained head injuries in an automobile accident. He also helped to secure a $2,000,000 resolution in a wrongful death action against the City of New York and another $1,500,000 from the State of New York in a settlement arising out of the same accident; $1,900,000 settlement for a woman who suffered back and neck injuries in a slip and fall accident; $1,500,000 settlement for a man who sustained back injuries in a motor vehicle accident; and a $1,400,000 settlement against the Transit Authority for a woman that sustained an aggravation to a preexisting neck injury that required surgery. Suffice to say, Mr. Aranki has proven to be a friend to anyone that is the victim of an accident. The results speak for themselves.
- $6,400,000 Settlement for a union ironworker who sustained a lower back injury after falling from a height at a construction site.
- $5,000,000 Settlement for the children of a woman who was struck and killed by a garbage truck while walking on the sidewalk.
- $4,475,000 Settlement for two young children of construction worker who was killed after falling through floor at jobsite.
- $3,500,000 In total settlements for the estate and parents of a man who was killed in a motor vehicle accident due to an icy condition on the roadway.
- $3,000,000 Settlement during jury selection for an 80 year old woman who was struck by a New York City Parks Department truck while operating her motorized scooter in a bicycle lane.
- $3,000,000 Settlement for man who was injured in a motor vehicle accident with an MTA bus.
- $2,925,000 Settlement for a man who suffered back injuries in a motor vehicle accident.
- $2,550,000 Settlement for four injured women who sustained various head and other injuries in a motor vehicle accident.
- $2,400,000 Award for a man who suffered a neck injury in a motor vehicle accident.
- $2,225,000 Award for a man who suffered multiple injuries in a motor vehicle accident.
- $2,150,000 Settlement for a carpenter who sustained a neck injury after being struck by a falling object on a construction site.
- $1,900,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered back and neck injuries in a slip and fall accident.
- $1,500,000 Settlement during jury selection for a union laborer who suffered a fractured leg due to a falling object at a construction site.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for a girl who suffered a fractured ankle after falling in a school yard.
- $1,500,000 Settlement during trial for a man who suffered a neck injury and knee injury in a motorcycle accident.
- $1,500,000 Settlement for a man who suffered a neck injury in a motor vehicle accident.
- $1,500,000 for a man who sustained back injuries in a motor vehicle accident.
- $1,400,000 Settlement for a woman who sustained a neck injury while a passenger in a bus that was involved in a motor vehicle accident.
- $1,100,000 Settlement (less than one year after the date of accident) for a 68 year old woman who suffered a fractured skull and fractured arm after being struck by a truck while crossing the street.